I don’t know what it is, but anytime someone suggests a quick getaway to Las Vegas, I’m all for it. Will I ever learn? I honestly believe I’ve been to LV over 15 times in 5 years. And, I promised my brother that I’d take him for his 21st this coming January. I must be nuts. The cool thing, though, is that every time I go to Vegas I stay somewhere different. Hmmm…let’s see if I can remember every place I’ve stayed:
- Treasure Island (for my 21st)
- The Luxor (for my girlfriend Robin’s 21st)
- Mirage (for my 22nd)
- Monte Carlo (for my girlfriend Ali’s 21st)
- Riviera Hotel & Casino (to see the Spice Girls!)
- THE hotel at Mandalay Bay (bachelorette party)
- Harrah’s (with Ali and Cassie to celebrate all our summer bdays)
- NYNY (with Mike)
- Bally’s (work convention)
- The Palazzo (bachelorette party)
- MGM Signature Towers (for Mike’s sister’s 21st)
- Planet Hollywood (Swedish friends visit)
- Tropicana (cousin’s weekend)
Ok, so I’ve been 13 times. 15 was a pretty good guess! Anyway, Mike sat this trip out, as he is “over” the Vegas scene. Still, I was determined to go! So, I drove myself out to the Nevada desert for a weekend with my cousins.
Oh, hey Garth! Wish I could see your show!
My first stop after meeting the girls at our hotel was to go immediately to Toby Keith’s Bar and Grill for lunch (and a margarita). This is (yes, I’m admitting it) one of my FAVORITE places in Las Vegas, hands down. Plus, the margaritas come in mason jars!
After lunch and a nap, we were ready to start our evening!
Mike “The Situation” even made an appearance on our trip!